Summer Intern Machine Learning Engineer II (code: #A05)
Project: Data research, analysis and integration
Location: San Clemente, CA
Site 1001 is a fast-growing, fully funded high tech company, named Techweek’s 2017 “Startup of the Year”.
Site 1001 is building a massive-scale data and analytics platform for smart buildings and cities of the future, using bleeding edge technologies in such spaces as internet of things, machine learning, cloud/edge computing and decentralized databases.
To help achieve this goal we are looking for a stellar university student/recent graduate who loves to learn and wants to make an impact on the world. The intern will participate in building a prototype of a voice-user interface (VUI), making human interactions with Site 1001 products possible through a voice/speech platform to initiate automated services or processes. The VUI will be designed to understand real estate and facility management industry domain specific rules. The ideal candidate will have experience in machine learning and natural language processing.
The Site1001 Internship Program offers wide-ranging opportunities in Machine Learning, Software Engineering and in Business & Data Analytics. You will work with a cross-functional team of talented professionals in a highly stimulating environment, with a culture that thrives on innovation and delivering results.
As a summer intern you will:
- Help create a domain-specific big data-based platform for Site 1001.
- Explore, analyze and integrate disparate datasets related to intelligent buildings.
- Help evaluate the business value of these datasets.
- Document your work and results
- Current student or recent graduate of Data Science, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Highly skilled in Python / Python-Jupyter / Pandas / SQL.
- Working knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Proven design and critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently.
Bonus points for …
- Industrial experience in data mining & analysis.
- Paid internship
- Hours per week: negotiable, expected up to 40
- Length of Employment: May 2018 – August 2018
Working at Site 1001:
Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champions innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please refer to the position by using the following code: #A05.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered. All qualified candidates must complete a successful background check.