Machine Learning Engineer (code: #A01)
Project: Data and machine learning solutions across multiple projects
Location: Southern California reporting to San Clemente, CA
Site 1001 is a fast-growing, fully funded high tech company, named Techweek’s 2017 “Startup of the Year”.
Site 1001 is building a massive-scale data and analytics platform for smart buildings and cities of the future, using bleeding edge technologies in such spaces as internet of things, machine learning, cloud/edge computing and decentralized databases.
We’re looking for a high-performing Machine Learning Engineer who is not afraid to try anything in the pursuit of elegant, value-rich products. Your work will provide world- changing features to millions of building owners, operators, and occupants for the foreseeable future.
We’re architecting and implementing the full scope of this system right now — this is your chance to be a part of the team driving the cutting-edge technologies to make it happen!
Does this person sound like you? You are a leader among your peers, unafraid to make progress when timing is of the essence. Collaboration is in your blood and you’re ready to work with a world-class, distributed team with offices across the country. You have a passion for learning and integrating new technology and taking it to new heights. If so, apply today!
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems in the smart buildings space.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to tackle challenging data problems, including: predictive modeling, data integration, building highly-scalable data warehouses, etc.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work.
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems.
- Develop in Python and other applicable technologies, providing high quality of code.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical disciplines.
- Experience in machine learning techniques, statistics, data structures, algorithms, and software engineering.
- Hands on experience with code repository.
- Strong understanding of unit testing and experience with multiple test frameworks.
- Skilled with Linux.
- Knowledgeable with the AWS environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, ever changing startup environment.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Proven design and critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently.
Bonus points for experience with …
- Experience in commercial software development (especially web, multi-tenant SaaS or PaaS products).
MS or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field of study.
An attractive compensation package will be made available to outstanding candidates.
We’re technology aficionados! Show us your previous work and tell us about your favorite apps, journals, and products. Why is it good?
Working at Site 1001:
Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champions innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please, refer to the position by using the following code: #A01.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered. All qualified candidates must complete a successful background check.