Software Engineer, Front-End (code: #A02)
Project: Blockchain-based data platform (multiple-levels)
Location: Southern California reporting to San Clemente, CA
Site 1001 is a fast-growing, fully funded high tech company, named Techweek’s 2017 “Startup of the Year”.
Site 1001 is building a massive-scale data and analytics platform for smart buildings and cities of the future, using bleeding edge technologies in such spaces as internet of things, machine learning, cloud/edge computing and decentralized databases.
We’re looking for high-performing Software Engineers who aren’t afraid to try anything in the pursuit of elegant, value-rich products. Your work will provide world-changing features to millions of building owners, operators, and occupants for the foreseeable future.
We’re architecting and implementing the full scope of this system right now — this is your chance to be a part of the team driving the cutting-edge technologies to make it happen!
Does this person sound like you? You are a leader among your peers, unafraid to make progress when timing is of the essence. Collaboration is in your blood and you’re ready to work with a world-class, distributed team with offices across the country. You have a passion for learning and integrating new technology and taking it to new heights. If so, apply today!
As a Front-End Engineer you will:
- Work on customer-facing, highly visible products and interfaces, as well as internal projects adding value to the overall business.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Evaluate and learn the best tools for a given problem, taking into consideration all aspects of operating in an environment devoted to continuous delivery of new features and value to the customer.
- Work within an agile (Scrum & Kanban) product management environment to plan and track work in progress, and contribute to the improvement of the development process.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial software development (especially web, multi-tenant SaaS or PaaS products).
- Experience working with one of the modern UI frameworks (e.g. React, Redux, Angular, or Polymer).
- Experience with designing a UI for an API based backend.
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous or event-driven architectures.
- Strong understanding of unit testing for UI and familiarity with testing tools such as Karma, Protractor, Jasmine etc.
- Hands on experience with code repository
- Knowledgeable with the AWS environment
- Skilled with Linux
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Proven design and critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Passion for exploring and evaluating new technologies, such as blockchain and related concepts.
Bonus points for experience with …
- Familiarity/hands-on experience with blockchain technologies (Hyperledger, Ethereum, etc.)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field of study.
An attractive compensation package will be made available to outstanding candidates.
We’re technology aficionados! Show us your previous work and tell us about your favorite apps, journals, and products. Why is it good?
Working at Site 1001:
Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champions innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please, refer to the position by using the following code: #A02.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered. All qualified candidates must complete a successful background check.