Position: Software Engineer, Back-End (#SEB01)
Project: Building Data Platform / (Multiple levels)
Location: Southern California reporting to San Clemente, CA
Site 1001 is a fast-growing, fully funded high tech company, named Techweek’s 2017 “Startup of the Year.”
Site 1001 is building a massive-scale data and analytics platform for smart buildings and cities of the future, using bleeding edge technologies in such spaces as internet of things, machine learning, cloud/edge computing and decentralized databases.
We’re looking for high-performing Software Engineers who aren’t afraid to try anything in the pursuit of elegant, value-rich products. Your work will provide world-changing features to millions of building owners, operators, and occupants for the foreseeable future.
We’re architecting and implementing the full scope of this system right now — this is your chance to be a part of the team driving the cutting-edge technologies to make it happen!
Does this person sound like you? You are a leader among your peers, unafraid to make progress when timing is of the essence. Collaboration is in your blood and you’re ready to work with a world-class, distributed team with offices across the country. You have a passion for learning and integrating new technology and taking it to new heights. If so, apply today!
As a Back-End Engineer you will:
- Participate in defining our evolving large-scale data platform architecture.
- Build solutions using your strong background in database systems.
- Work within an agile (Scrum & Kanban) product management environment to plan and track work in progress, and contribute to the improvement of the development process.
- Contribute high-quality code to build products with security, reliability, availability, and scale.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial software development (especially web, multi-tenant SaaS or PaaS products).
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design.
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous or event-driven architectures.
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot and other Spring Framework concepts.
- Database knowledge in NoSQL and RDBMS is required.
- Knowledgeable with the AWS environment.
- Knowledge of build pipelines such as Jenkins or Travis.
- Hands-on experience with code repositories such as GitHub or BitBucket.
- Strong understanding of unit testing and experience with multiple test frameworks (e.g. jUnit, Mockito, etc.).
- Skilled with Linux.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Proven design and critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field of study.
An attractive compensation package will be made available to outstanding candidates.
We’re technology aficionados! Show us your previous work and tell us about your favorite apps, journals, and products. Why is it good?
Working at Site 1001:
Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champions innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please, refer to the position by using the following code: #SEB01.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered. All qualified candidates must complete a successful background check.