Project: Build the mobile operating system for smart buildings.
Southern California – reporting to San Clemente, CA
Site 1001 is a fast-growing, fully funded high tech company, named Octane’s 2018 Outstanding Emerging Technology Company, among other awards.
Site 1001 is building a massive-scale data and analytics platform for smart buildings and cities of the future, using bleeding edge technologies in such spaces as internet of things, machine learning, cloud/edge computing and distributed databases. We’re architecting and implementing the full scope of this system right now — this is your chance to be a part of the team driving the cutting-edge technologies to make it happen!
We’re looking for high-performing mobile software engineers who aren’t afraid to try anything in the pursuit of elegant, value-rich products. Your work will provide world-changing products to millions of building owners, operators, and occupants for the foreseeable future.
Does this person sound like you? You are a leader among your peers and unafraid to make progress when timing is of the essence. Collaboration is in your blood and you’re ready to work with a world-class, distributed team with offices across the country. You have a passion for learning and integrating new technology and taking it to new heights. If so, apply today!
As a Mobile Developer with 2+ years of experience, you’ll be responsible to:
- Work on customer-facing, highly visible products and interfaces, as well as internal projects adding value to the overall business.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to product challenges.
- Evaluate and learn the best tools for a given problem, taking into consideration all aspects of operating in an environment devoted to continuous delivery of new features and value to the customer.
- Work within an agile (Scrum & Kanban) product development environment to plan and track work in progress, and contribute to the improvement of the development process.
- Take ownership of mobile development efforts.
- Proficient in Java and Android platforms
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Deep understanding of mobile development concepts and architecture
- Proficient in common mobile design patterns (MVC)
- Good understanding of mobile UI development
- Experience in leveraging RESTful, JSON web services in native mobile apps
- Experience with app deployment on the Google PlayStore
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git/Bitbucket
- Deep understanding of Android UI frameworks
- Experience with Jira, Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Knowledge using device sensors (health, camera, audio) to enhance user experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Upbeat, motivated and self-starter
- Master your Foosball skills
Bonus points for experience with …
- Experience with prototyping tools (Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch)
- Experience with Beacons (estimote, Google beacons)
- Experience building apps with voice interfaces (Siri, Alexa, Dialog Flow)
- Technical Writing Skills (documentation, manuals)
- Experience in AWS services (SES, SNS, Lambda functions, API Gateways)
- Tensorflow / Machine Learning
- Familiar with Continuous Integration
- Experience writing automated UI tests using Selenium, TestCafe, or other services
- Computer Vision frameworks (Clarifai, Google Vision API)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field of study.
An attractive compensation package will be made available to outstanding candidates.
We’re technology aficionados! Show us your previous work and tell us about your favorite apps, journals, and products. Why is it good?
Working at Site 1001:
Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champions innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please, refer to the position by using the following code: #A02.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered.
Smart cities, smart buildings, startup, San Clemente, software engineering, big data, mobile, Android, iPhone, mobile developer.