Southern California – reporting to San Clemente, CA
Site 1001 is a fast-growing, fully funded high tech company, named Octane’s 2018 Outstanding Emerging Technology Company, among a dozen other awards.
Site 1001 has an immediate need for a high-performing Associate Technical Program Manager / Scrum Master.
If you are a leader among your peers, collaboration is in your blood, and you are looking to create meaningful impact by driving world-changing products for millions of building owners, operators, and occupants, you have found the right opportunity.
We have recently rearchitected and launched our Skylight building performance and operations platform. As an Associate TPM / Scrum Master, you will support the Skylight platform Program Manager in focusing and driving key improvements to better serve our customers.
- Know the product’s ins and outs and communicate with engineering and PM teams
- Write clear user stories and supporting ticket details in Atlassian Jira
- Remove obstacles for software engineers
- Translate business-to-technical requirements, and vice versa
- Keep requirements organized and up-to-date
- Identify resource bottlenecks and scope creep
- Track and report development velocity and ticket status
- Run Standups, Reviews, Retrospectives, and Planning sessions efficiently, as needed
- Identify and promote Scrum process improvements
Skills, experience and career path. You:
- Prioritize, focus, and document multiple ongoing projects well
- Have 1+ years of agile product development life cycle experience, ideally Scrum, in a startup developing commercial platform-as-a-service or software-as-a-service
- Are a scrum evangelist
- Have experience with writing good tickets in software like Atlassian Jira and documentation in software like Atlassian Confluence
- Are a former coder with experience in one or more of the following:
- Appreciate good production quality code
- Prefer the big picture of what you’re building and who you’re serving rather than coding something specific yourself and are driven by team success
Emotional intelligence. You:
- Form authentic and trustworthy relationships with team members and other stakeholders
- Remain objective and self-aware of biases
- Understand what drives different team members and channel their passions to deliver a best of breed platform
- Keep cool under pressure and be able to manage tight deadlines, prioritization conflicts, and resource constraints
- Drive a collaborative, respectful culture
- Get buy-in from key stakeholders
- Have an interest in great leadership
Company fit. You:
- Love startups
- Have a history with and love of analytics and new technologies including big data, internet of things, artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, edge computing
- Have an endless thirst for learning, knowledge, and best practices
- Embrace the PM-engineering partnership company philosophy
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, a really good coding boot camp under your belt, or have done a great job teaching yourself to code
An attractive compensation package including excellent benefits will be made available to outstanding candidates.
We’re technology aficionados and we want people to work with us who are passionate about tech, too! Show us your previous work and tell us about your favorite apps, journals, and products. Why is it good?
Working at Site 1001:
Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champions innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy.
For a quick video on what we are building, go here.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please, refer to the position by using the following code: #ATPR.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Site 1001 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.