Position: QA Engineer (#QA01)
Project: Building Data Platform / (Multiple levels)
Location: Southern California reporting to San Clemente, CA
Site 1001 is a fast-growing, fully funded high tech company, named Octane’s 2018 Outstanding Emerging Technology Company, among a dozen other awards.
Site 1001 is building a massive-scale data and analytics platform for smart buildings and cities of the future, using bleeding edge technologies in such spaces as internet of things, machine learning, cloud/edge computing and decentralized databases.
We’re looking for high-performing Software Engineers who aren’t afraid to try anything in the pursuit of elegant, value-rich products. Your work will provide world-changing features to millions of building owners, operators, and occupants for the foreseeable future.
We’re architecting and implementing the full scope of this system right now — this is your chance to be a part of the team driving the cutting-edge technologies to make it happen!
Does this person sound like you? You are a leader among your peers, unafraid to make progress when timing is of the essence. Collaboration is in your blood and you’re ready to work with a world-class, distributed team with offices across the country. You have a passion for learning and integrating new technology and taking it to new heights. If so, apply today!
As a QA Engineer you will:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Proactively implement and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Design, implement and apply testing processes for new and existing products to business requirements and specification.
- Coordinate with internal teams to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and mentor users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven work experience in software development.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Must be able to write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate across teams.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience in both white box and black box testing.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Agile/ Scrum development process.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience in automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
- Solid knowledge of SQL scripting.
- Performance and/or security testing.
- Developing automation tests using Java or C#.
- Selenium, TestNG, Maven and JUnit.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
An attractive compensation package will be made available to outstanding candidates.
We’re technology aficionados! Show us your previous work and tell us about your favorite apps, journals, and products. Why is it good?
Working at Site 1001:
Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champions innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please, refer to the position by using the following code: #QA01.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered. All qualified candidates must complete a successful background check.